Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know anything about this bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Well I did some more research and I think I found something.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

You got it American Archery made it along with some other variations.Hunter, Special Hunter, Hunter Special(?) Cheetah Special and the Cheetah Standard.Company in Clarendon Hills, Illinois.
    Last edited by Simple Life; 04-24-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

34 pounds at 28 inches??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    You got it American Archery made it along with some other variations.Hunter, Special Hunter, Hunter Special(?) Cheetah Special and the Cheetah Standard.Company in Clarendon Hills, Illinois.
    Still have no idea about the bow. I was lucky to find this old catalog cover but still don't know what year it is or a price range for this bow. I found out the company went out of business in the 80s. Not much info around on these bows.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    34 pounds at 28 inches??
    Yeh, 34# at 28" 64" amo but I think it's more. Beautiful bow, nice conversation starter for sure. Give me some ideas of what would be a realistic price to pay for this bow. Sorry it's not a martin, I'll give the owner the bad news. Price range guys, thanks. Let me know if any of you are interested in the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

It is an American Archery Cheetah Supreme. I say that, because I have a Cheetah Supreme recurve very similar to that, from the late '60s. I know because my dad sold them for years. I also have an American Archery All Pro Custom, named after NFL start Jerry Kramer. American Archery was a company that was bought out in late '80s by High Country and their compounds were later just absorbed into the High Country line up. The bow is from the late '60s because my dad won the Georgia state championship with two of them, one he still has and the other is the one I have.
    Last edited by bcriner; 04-25-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rottzilla View Post
    I know it is strung backwards the string is on the front and it is a recurve. That is all I can give.

Will
    Actually it's not that bad for the limbs. Back in the day, people did this to keep the limbs from 'taking a set' when strung. It's probably not necessary on todays bows b/c of newer limb materials. I still store my older recurves this way.

mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ferreyra View Post
    how much $$$ ?
    right now the bid is at $103, shipping is like $29. 1 day left. Auction on e-bay.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it is strung backwards the string is on the front and it is a recurve...

Post Thanks / Like

The most important thing to look for with these older bows is whether either or both of the limbs are twisted; something you probably won't see very well with a picture.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcriner View Post
    It is an American Archery Cheetah Supreme. I say that, because I have a Cheetah Supreme recurve very similar to that, from the late '60s. I know because my dad sold them for years. I also have an American Archery All Pro Custom, named after NFL start Jerry Kramer. American Archery was a company that was bought out in late '80s by High Country and their compounds were later just absorbed into the High Country line up. The bow is from the late '60s because my dad won the Georgia state championship with two of them, one he still has and the other is the one I have.
    is someone forgetting our unwritten law? Come on,Barry,wheres the pics?
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340