Thread: arrow length?

Post Thanks / Like

Default arrow length?

I'm currently shooting easton XX75 2219's to hunt with. They are 31 1/2" long and have been shooting them for years like this. However my draw lenth is only 26" and they stick out past my sight housing (just looks funny that way). I cut 2 arrows down to 29" and it looks much better. Just wondering what would be the proper length to use. They don't seem to fly much different as I still hit the kill zone on deer target with both lengths. draw weight is 70 lbs out of an '03 prowler SE.
    2003 Martin Prowler SE
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Easton Arrows
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    QAD Rest
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads

Post Thanks / Like

The end of mine are 1" past the rest . I have a 27.5" draw and my arrows are 27.75 long . I have a Ripcord rest on one and a QAD Hunter on the other. I might cut the next ones a touch longer next time .

SonnyThomas

Default arrow length?

If shooting fixed broadheads most perfer to have them a tad out in front of the riser - so not to cut the fingers/gloves. With mechanicals you would be alright as rjd has, 1 inch in front the Whisker Biscuit.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsfire311 View Post
    they stick out past my sight housing (just looks funny that way). I cut 2 arrows down to 29" and it looks much better. Just wondering what would be the proper length to use. They don't seem to fly much different as I still hit the kill zone on deer target with both lengths. draw weight is 70 lbs out of an '03 prowler SE.
    Don't worry how they look. You should be able to go down to at least 28" with 100 grain heads, down to 27" with 125 grain heads by the easton charts.