Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Pro-Staff?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Pro-Staff?

I have a question...i was wondering, how do i get on the Martin Pro-staff or shooting staff? Do i need to fill out forms or paper work? what does it take to get on?

thanks for replies,
    Jake

Post Thanks / Like

Ask your Martin Pro shop. The Owner has to recommend you so you can enter the lowest level staff...

I plan to do so for months but never get the chance. I am not sure if there are any requirements that must be fulfilled.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Ask your Martin Pro shop. The Owner has to recommend you so you can enter the lowest level staff...

I plan to do so for months but never get the chance. I am not sure if there are any requirements that must be fulfilled.
    This does not guarantee you an in...however it does not hurt.
    Unless you actually shoot on the Gold staff (a true factory shooter) it is soley up to the area sales rep to sign you.

tommyhydro

Default reps

how do we find out who the reps are in our area? i dont shoot comps but would like to try for staff

Post Thanks / Like

CHeck the last page of the Martin Archery catalog or call Martin.. Washington State, Phone: 509.529.2554
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy,

The rep groups for NJ, and most of the easteern half of the US is William J. Gartland & Associates. Phone # is 1-330-792-0327. Call and ask who the sales rep is for your area. Then contact the rep. Just understand that he may not get back to you real soon. If he is doing his job he will be quite busy right now seeing dealers and writing orders.

I don't think it's the same guy I shoot for, but let me know what you find out. Also, it wouldn't hurt to ask your dealer these questions first.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhydro View Post
    how do we find out who the reps are in our area? i dont shoot comps but would like to try for staff
    This is not actually set in stone but it is usually a prerequisite since you are there to promote Martin. If you don't shoot tourneys and make your presence known there really is no reason for them to sign you. It don't have to be the big tourneys it can be local tourneys but you still need to "represent".

There are a few things that will help you most and that is moral character, outgoing personallity, modesty and shooting ability...in that order. The latter will get you noticed but the formers will keep you there.

tommyhydro

Default ok

cool, thanks guys, guess im gonna get my foam tag

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know the rep for Wisconsin? ive always wanted to try for the shooting staff, but i just never got around to it, and now im really ambitious about it. Thanks for all the replies guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    does anyone know the rep for Wisconsin? ive always wanted to try for the shooting staff, but i just never got around to it, and now im really ambitious about it. Thanks for all the replies guys
    Jake,

Same info for you. The rep groups is Gartland & Associates. If you have a catalog this is on the inside of the back cover. You'd have to ask at a pro shop or call gartland to find who the sales rep is for your area of interest.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver