Thread: Martin Bow number & year my bow was made

csinclair

Default Martin Bow number & year my bow was made

Hi Folks,

Please forgive me if this info is posted somewhere else where I didn't see it, but I'm wondering if there's a way I can tell when my bow was made from the Bow, (serial), number on the lower limb label?
    I bought the bow this year (2008), but did it sit in the shop for a while before I purchased it is what I'm wondering?
    I'm curious, just to be able to know for sure.. it's Bow #: 0725849 assembled by Tyler Backhaus if that helps, I suppose it's a 2007 model indicated by the 07 at the beginning of the number.
    Also, what do the shoot, split and CTRL numbers mean?

Any help is appreciated,
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like

The numbers behind the shoot and the split/ctrl man the length of the shooting string and the cables. I do not believe that you can guess from the number to the year of production. Mine is from 06 and has a 07 in it.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Craig,

Are you referring to the Saber listed in your signature? If so you show that it has an MPro cam on it. The MPro was introduced in 2007 so the bow is at least a 2007. NOW, what color is the cam? If it's a pewter color then it's definitely a 2007 bow. For 2008 the MPro cam is black, although there was a little bit of overlapping done for the two different years. If black it should have a draw stop slot and this would indicate it being a 2008 model.

I'm not quite catching the string question. In the charts "shoot" refers to the string itself. Split/control refers to the cable of which there is only one. This is the cable that attaches to the cam, passes through the cable slide and attaches to the limb tips of the upper limb.

The wording "split/control" is just two words referring to the same cable. It was used mainly on bows that had the Tru-Arc cams of a couple years ago. These essentially had a string (shoot) and a control cable that attached to the both cams and a cable that attaches to the bottom cam and the top limb tips. These do not concern you if you have the MPro cam. You have one string and one cable.

Does this help any?

csinclair

Default Great help thanks,

Thanks for the string reference info, that makes total sense now that I think of it, yes.
    As for the year, my cam is black, I think based on your info I may have a 2008 model.

kev_lev

Default Same Boat regarding year

Hey folks

New to these forums so I hope to get some help. I see someone else asked a similar question to what i need but it lacks enough to find more info. I recently purchases a Saber as well, I dont have the multitude of info regardin cam size and what not as im very new to the sport. However I do know some as follows.

It is mossey Oak finish so i know its pre 07

Weight: 45-60
    draw: MP"
    Bow: 0547385
    letoff: H
    Shoot: 88
    Split: (looks like the 88 covers both
    Control 36
    assembled by Juan Melgoza
    The cam is a Dyna cam and is pewter NOT black

Any info on how to find the date of manufacture would be most helpful

Thanks

PS I have no idea what the original cost shoulda been so any ideas of where to look for that would also help.

Elk4me

Quote Originally Posted by kev_lev View Post
    Hey folks

New to these forums so I hope to get some help. I see someone else asked a similar question to what i need but it lacks enough to find more info. I recently purchases a Saber as well, I dont have the multitude of info regardin cam size and what not as im very new to the sport. However I do know some as follows.

It is mossey Oak finish so i know its pre 07

Weight: 45-60
    draw: MP"
    Bow: 0547385
    letoff: H
    Shoot: 88
    Split: (looks like the 88 covers both
    Control 36
    assembled by Juan Melgoza
    The cam is a Dyna cam and is pewter NOT black

Any info on how to find the date of manufacture would be most helpful

Thanks

PS I have no idea what the original cost shoulda been so any ideas of where to look for that would also help.
    Bow: 0547385 means it is a 05 or 06 bow Excellent bow wish i still had mine . I am a big fan of the singile cam Dyna cam. let me know if you ever whant to sell the bow.